Do you color your hair like millions of other people? If so, you're aware that maintaining long-lasting, healthy-looking color is a constant struggle. Here are our top 7 color-treated hair care tips to help you maintain your hair color and keep it looking as vivid and healthy as possible.
1) Use a shampoo and conditioner that is color safe. Using a shampoo and conditioner formulated particularly for color-treated hair like the Tosca Style Classic Treatment Shampoo & Tosca Style Classic Leave-In Conditioner will assist to retain the color and keep it from fading. Look for sodium chloride-free products that also include essential oils and UV protection.
2) Avoid using hot water. Hot water might cause your hair to lose its color, so try to wash it with lukewarm or cool water. A shower filter may also help keep chlorine out of the water, which can also remove color.
3) Limit how much you use styling tools. Color might fade quicker when using heat styling products like blow dryers, curling irons, and flat irons. If you must use these tools, apply a heat protectant spray to keep your hair protected.
4) Limit your exposure to the sun. UV rays may accelerate the fading of color, so minimize your time spent in the sun and cover your hair if you must be out for an extended amount of time. Fun fact: ALL Tosca Style products contain added sunscreen to protect your hair from UV!
5) Take advantage of deep conditioning treatments. Deep conditioning treatments on a regular basis may help maintain your hair color vivid and healthy. To help maintain and nourish color-treated hair, look for treatments that include natural oils.
6) Refrain from over-washing. Washing your hair too often might cause color loss, so restrict your washing to a few times each week.
7) Trim regularly. Trimming your hair on a regular basis can help maintain it looking healthy and will help avoid split ends, which may make color-treated hair seem drab and unhealthy.
You'll be able to keep your color-treated hair looking bright and healthy for longer if you follow these suggestions.
Best of luck!